Every Android Smartphone contain a secret feature called Developer Option.If you are also a Android Smartphone user then by using Developer Option in your smartphone you can access lot more thing in your android. Generally this option is given for advance user like for app testing purpose, Who writes software, Debugging, But Some option is very interesting for all user which you should know. Here we’ll described all feature of android developer options.
How To Enable Developer Option In Android?
In old version of Android 4.1 and lower Android developer option is available by default but in newer versions you must have to enable it. So Follow below given steps to enable this option.
- Open Settings App.
- Scroll to the Bottom and Select About Phone.
- (If you have android version 8.0 or higher) Select System.
- Scroll to the Bottom and find Build Number and Tap 7 times on it.
- Return in Home of Settings you’ll see and option named “Developer options”.
Congratulation ! Now your developer option is showing but you need to enable it by entering the Developer Option.To enable developer option you’ll see on top of screen a toggle button now you can enable it.
What is the use Of Developer Options?
There are 9 Category available in developer option. Here all option and their respective feature briefly described.
- General Option
- Hardware Accelerated rendering
All features and uses of these categories are given Below.
1. General Option
General option include following :-
Memory: In this option user can see Memory stats like Memory usage, Memory Performance, Total available Memory, total used Memory by apps. So by using this option you can analysis your memory stats.
- Take Bug Report: This option is available to share bug report of your device with anyone.
- Desktop backup password:By using this Password you can use ADB command to take Backup of app data and other data in your device even if your device is locked.
- Stay awake: By using this you can set your device screen stay on if plugged in.
- Enable Bluetooth Host Controller Interface (HCI) snoop log:Captures all Bluetooth HCI packets in a file stored at
/sdcard/btsnoop_hci.log. You can retrieve the packets, and then use a program like Wireshark to analyze and troubleshoot the information.
Debugging option provides feature to establish connection between your device and your development computer.
Debugging option includes following options:
- USB Debugging:USB debugging is a option which allow us to establish a connection between Mobile Device to Development Computer.
- Select mock location app:Use this option to fake the GPS location of the device to test whether your app behaves the same in other locations. To use this option, download and install a GPS mock location app.
- Select Debug App: In this option you can select those app which you want to debug.
Networking options provide ways to configure Wi-Fi and DHCP settings.
The networking are include following option:
- Enable Wi-Fi verbose logging:This option increases Wifi Logging level for each Wireless Networks(SSID).
- Wireless display certification: Enables advanced configuration controls and settings for Wireless Display certification to the specifications set forth in the Wi-Fi Alliance Wi-Fi Display Specification. The certification applies to Android 4.4 (API level 19) and higher.
In this option we can enable show taps that means when user taps anywhere on screen then a circle will be show on screen and second option is Show Pointer Location which show the co-ordinate of touch point on screen.
Drawing options provide visual cues about the app’s user interface and how it operates.
Enable Show Layout Bounds to show your app’s clip bounds, margins, and other user interface constructions on the device.
other drawing option includes following.
- Force RTL layout direction:Forces screen layout direction to be from right to left (RTL) or from left to right.
- Window animation Scale:Sets the window animation playback speed so you can check its performance at different speeds. A lower scale results in a faster speed.
- Transition animation scale: Sets the speed for transition animation playback. Again, lower is faster.
6.Hardware accelerated rendering
Hardware accelerated rendering option includes following facts.
- Force GPU Rendering: This Option force apps to use GPU for 2D drawing. if they were written to not use it by default.
- Show GPU view updates: Displays any onscreen element drawn with the GPU.
- Debug GPU overdraw:Overdraw happens every time the application asks the system to draw something on top of something else. This setting lets you see when and where this is happening so you know if it is a problem.
- Force 4x MSAA: Enables multisample anti-aliasing (MSAA) in Open GL ES 2.0 apps.
Enable Disable USB audio routing to disable automatic routing to external audio devices connected to a computer through a USB port. Automatic routing can interfere with apps that are USB-aware.
Monitoring option provides us a visual information of app performance like long thread and GPU render.
App options help you understand how your app operates on the target device.
Apps option includes following:
- Background Process limit:This option enable use to select number of process that can run in background.
- Don’t keep activities:By enabling this option we can increase our battery life Because when it is enabled all activity are destroyed when user leaves activity.
So here all features of android developer option is briefly described. I hope “this article will be helpful for you”. please give a feedback in comment.