What is Command Prompt ?
Prompt is a Command line interpreter which is used to execute a shell command to Computer and Command prompt is non-graphical user interface tool which only works for commands and Batch scripts? It comes with most Windows OS Versions
Command Prompt is a very powerful tool which allows to user to do anything which can be done by a GUI (Graphical User Interface) platform like a copy, Delete, move, create new file and folders and much more. It also works very faster than other GUI tools.
Like other tools Command Prompt also contains some limitation which is given below.
- It can only work by commands which inputs by user.
- Its commands are complex to memorize and type in inputs fields. In result it is not a popular tool
- In Command prompt string can only use 8191 character.
- It is only used by computer professionals.
- It is not user friendly because its command is very complex and it has not a graphical user interface
How does use Command Prompt ?
All the windows versions have not same way to use . So here we gives tutorial of all steps to run command prompt.
Open Command Prompt in Windows 10 ?
- Click on Start Button and then type In search field for cmd now you will see command prompt icon and named with same now Hit enter key .
- Go to Windows directory of C drive (C:\Windows\System32) and scroll down and you will find cmd.exe .Right click on it and choose Run as Administrator.
- Open task manager hit alt key then choose a option named as start new task and enter in field Cmd.exe and hit enter key.
Open command prompt in windows 7 ,XP Or Vista.
- Click on Start Button and just type in input field Cmd.exe and you will find command prompt on above then hit enter.
- Press win key and then R now a small pop up will open now write Cmd.exe in it and just hit enter key.
- Go to C:\windows\system32 and find cmd.exe in it and run by clicking on it.